Here’s how to change the default font, size, colour etc of a new Pages document in Pages, so that every new document will have the style you want.
Here’s how to change the default font in Pages 5, Pages 6 and Pages 7
1. Open a new document and select the font settings you want (e.g. Times New Roman, Size 12)
2. Go to File > Save as Template. Save your template (I saved mine as “Normal).
3. Go to Pages > Preferences
4. Under the “General” tab > For New Documents, check off “Use template.”
5. Click “Change Template,” and select the template you just created.
Now each time you open a new document, it will use your template with the saved settings.
Here’s how to do it in Pages 4:
It will now use that template for new pages documents.