Here’s the process for how to copy a DVD to your iPad to watch on a plane or in the car.
1. Download and install VLC player. (http://www.videolan.org/) (You won’t be using it but it installs some bits that ‘handbrake’ needs to read protected DVDs.)
1. Install VLC Player
2. Download and install Handbrake. (http://handbrake.fr/)
2. Install Handbrake
3. Insert the DVD. If DVD player runs, quit it.
3. Insert DVD
3. Use handbrake to import the DVD.
- In the right panel select ‘ipad’ or the device you will play the video back on.
- In the ‘source’ select the DVD folder.
- In ‘destination’ select ‘desktop’ or wherever you would like the movie file to appear.
- Press ‘Start’.
4. Open iTunes (without your iPad plugged in).
- go to the ‘Home Video’s’ pane.
Click on the iTunes ‘Home VIdeos’ tab.
- drag the video from the desktop into the iTunes Home Video’s tab.
4.Drag the Movie into iTunes
5. Plug in your iPad and:
- make sure your iPad is selected (not your iTunes Library).
- select the ‘Movies’ tab.
- tick the ‘Sync Movies’ box
Select ‘sync’ movies box.
- select the movie you want to sync.
Tick the movie.
Now the Movie will appear in ‘Videos’ on your ipad.