DVD, ipod, itunes, movies, sync, DVD, ipod, itunes, movies, music, sync, video
It’s a two step process..
Firstly you rip the file from the DVD player and convert it to a small MP4 movie.
Then you copy the movie into itunes. Here’s how to do it step by step.
1. RIP THE MOVIE FROM THE CD:
Download a free program called handbrake from here.
1. Put in a DVD in your drive.
2. Run handbrake.
3. Select the DVD.
4. Select then the iPod preset on the right column. (You need to do this as the ipod will only recognise certain formats of movies.)
5. Press the start button.
6. Wait a few hours for it to finish!
( For more detailed instructions on handbrake see here)
There should now be a file on your desktop which is an ipod version of the movie.
2. COPY IT TO ITUNES
1. Run itunes.
2. From the ‘File’ Menu select ‘Import’.
3. Browse to the file you created in the step above (see the picture below) and ‘Choose’.
It will now import the movie into itunes, and should copy to your ipod automatically next time you sync with your iPod. (If it doesn’t copy go to the settings tab in iTunes when your iPod is plugged in and click sync movies with iPod.)