Here’s how to change the default font, size, colour etc of a new Pages document in Pages 4, so that every new document will have the style you want.
- Open a New document
- Select some text in the document
- Change the font and color to what you want
- Go to View: Show Styles Drawer
- Click on the red arrow next to “Body” and & select “Redefine Style from Selection”
- Delete all the text that you typed. Otherwise that text appears every time you open a new document.
- Go to File: “Save As Template…” and Save the document as a name that is clear e.g. “100 black”
- Go to Pages: Preferences
- Under the General tab click the “Use template” for new Documents.
- Select ‘”Templates” and select the template you just saved.
It will now use that template for new pages documents.
The Styles drawer has disappeared in Pages 5 but the steps from 6 on are the same. In Page 5 you need to press the ‘Format’ icon to open the format pane, instead of “View: Show Styles Drawer”. I’ll do updated instructions soon.