There have been many times that I have been given a keynote file from someone, and I want to get the movie out of it and save just the movie (or a picture) as a separate file. You used to be able to right click and select “view package contents” but that doesn’t work anymore. Here’s how to do it now.
1. Find the keynote file in the finder.
2. Right click on the keynote file and select ‘duplicate’. This is so that you are working on a copy and won’t hurt the original file.
3. Click on the filename of the new keynote file so that the filename is selected, press right arrow and type ‘.zip’ after the filename. In my example I’m changing it from ‘OCC copy’ to ‘OCC copy.zip’.
4. It will prompt you to make sure, click ‘Use.zip’.
5. Now double click on the .zip file and it will create a folder.
6. Open the folder and inside the folder will be all the movies and pictures from your keynote file! You can copy them, move them, whatever you want!