This is the results of a survey I conducted over a year to see what different models of the G4 ibook are affected by the logicboard fault.
The symptoms of the fault are as follows:
- After being on for a few minutes, your ibook gets a blank black screen, the fan turns on, and the computer freezes.
- You can’t do anything at all except power down the computer by holding the power button.
- You restart and it doesn’t boot up.
- You squeeze the bottom of the computer tightly together just to the left of the trackpad, and it boots up.
- It tends to boot up when it is cold, but then stops working when it warms up.
Here are the results of a survey I conducted here on macintoshhowto.com over a period of 6 months regarding the affected models. It appears all models are affected.
In this article I described the fix for this G4 logic board fault. This survey was to test what models were impacted.